Heyyy. Thought I’d do a final post for 2016. Maybe throw in a Christmas card. A digital card, of course. I’m still wallowing in turmoil over postage and paper waste by sending a physical card via the actual USPS. Which is ludicrous because 1. I use disposable diapers. and 2. the recycle truck can’t even make it out to our area so what am I even trifling about. But that’s how I do things: micro.
Lord Business and all that.
K, so year in review?
To sum up (apologies for using Instagram as my photo crutch):
2. Was temporarily cured for one week with a dose of steroids and pain medication that coincided with our first family vacation.
3. Emmett, our sweet 5 year old with autism, learned to go potty ON the potty and is now completely self sufficient. Something we did not think would happen for a very long time.
4. Craig and I welcomed our nephew and first Godson to the world. (My baby brother and his wife Jenn had their first baby).
5. We began year two of homeschool.
Here's our barefooted first day of school pic for the boys at The Saints Academy of the House of Svellinger. Kindergarten and first grade. Two totally different learning personalities. Party party. 🚬💀 • • • • • #homeschooling #catholichomeschool #homeschoollookslikethis #TSAOTHOS #autismhomeschool #homeschooledautism
7. We chose a medication path that has totally turned my symptoms around, and now I can run, if I have to, but more importantly, I can carry my children again. 6 months ago, I had to be carried up the stairs.
Baggy-eyed morning selfie with my cubby. I've started treatment for my AS (💉😰🤖)and they told me it might take up to three months to start feeling like a human again. I kid you not, I felt better the very week I started. I'm so thankful to be regaining the ability to carry and lift my children. P.s. Check out the #seejudegrowselfie thread 💕
8. I opened my own business on Etsy selling prints of my hand drawn/painted illustrations and lettering. I am overwhelmed at the warmth I have received from everyone’s encouragement and sharing on social media.
9. Craig got more handsome, if that’s even possible. He did, guys.
So, yeah. All of that, and then Trump blew my brains and guts everywhere by winning the presidency. It’s fine, guys. Sorry! Political turnoffs! I don’t know what I thought would happen, because I didn’t favor either party, but boy, that was …exciting? As with every president who serves our nation, prayers abound for our leader, everyone on the team, and our beautiful America.
I hope everyone has a magical Christmas in a warm, hearth-y place, and I wish every single one of you –yes, even you there– a happy new 2017.